THE DYNAMICS OF 6D’S ODS ENERGY MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
6D’s patented Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) technology is a fully active, in-helmet suspension and kinetic energy management system. Engineered to uncouple the helmet’s exterior shell from the inner EPS liner, the system effectively mitigates energy transfer to the head and brain of the rider during any given accident or impact event.
- 2 separate EPS liners separated by an array of elastomeric isolation dampers
- 3-dimensional displacement of the inner liner upon impact
- Reduces linear and angular acceleration forces to the head and brain
- Superior performance for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- Increases ‘Time-to-Peak’ values by roughly double (lessens severity)
- Superior airflow, heat transfer, and sweat evaporation via air-gap between layers